Moving your home and belongings can be a stressful process for you and your family. From changing your address to packing and organizing your items, it may feel like there is a myriad of things to do in order to have a successful move. Here at Connecticut’s Finest Movers, we want to simplify that process for you. For over a decade we have been proudly servicing the Connecticut area. We provide excellent moving services, supplies, and helpful tips to aid you in making your move stress-free! We’ve created the following moving checklist to guide the process and help organize your moving efforts.
One Month Prior to Moving Day:
- Contact and hire a professional moving service to ensure that on moving day, your helpers are available
- Begin the cleaning process of areas of your house like the attic, garage, or closets
- Purchase moving supplies like boxes, tape, and labels (all of these we have here at Connecticut’s Finest Movers)
- Start the process of packing items that are not of daily use like hanging pictures or excess kitchen supplies
Two Weeks Prior to Moving Day:
- Start to cancel and initiate transfer for bills like internet, cable or subscriptions.
- Call your local utility company to schedule the correct day that your utilities will be shut off or transferred
- Start the process of packing room by room so that you don’t get overwhelmed or disorganized (be sure to label your boxes!).
The Week of Moving Day:
- Finish up last minute cleaning.
- Finish packing (try to have this done prior to move out day). If you have items you no longer want or need, you can consider donating to your local charities.
- Mail change-of-address forms.
The Day Before Moving Day:
- Keep in contact with your moving agency to confirm scheduled dates and times.
- Ensure that fragile items are not left free to move around, but are packed with care. You can use newspaper or grocery bags to help cushion the items.
- Perform a walkthrough of your home and any last minute cleaning that is needed.
- Pack an essentials bag: chargers, snacks, hygiene products, electronics and etc. You may not be able to readily access these things at your new house without having to search around for them.
- Make sure there is a clear walkway throughout your home for the movers to transport your belongings.
- After everything has been loaded onto your moving truck, do one last walkthrough.
We hope that our provided moving checklist has been helpful in the planning of your move or next move. Feel free to contact Connecticut’s Finest Movers if you require professional assistance during the moving process. We would love to be a part in making your transition hassle-free and efficient so you can spend time doing the things that are even more important: getting everyone ready for a new home! Happy Moving!